Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Bread In Winter

Psalm 107:9
1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
9 For he satisfied the thirsty soul, and filled the hungry soul with goodness.

John 6:47-48 (GNV)
47 Verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth in me, hath everlasting life.
48 I am that bread of life.

Have you ever felt hungry and thirsty? I am certain you have.
In the natural, it is a necessary function of life, eating food and drinking water that your body can continue to operate in health. But what about in the Spirit?

Have you allowed your hunger for Jesus to overtake your hunger for the things of the the world or the flesh? This is not always easy. But I challenge you to ask Jesus to satisfy your inner spiritual hunger. This is where your true self lies. It is not in regular meat and drink, but in spiritual meat and drink.

 Truly surrender your wants and desires to Jesus and offer them up on the altar. I know for me, when I did that, He sent His word, like snow, to cover and freeze the ground. It preserved the seed He had already deposited in me. It cooled and subdued my longings in the flesh. And, most importantly, it allowed me to experience to an even greater extent, the Living Bread and Living Water. Jesus is both. 

Yes leave it to God. He is able to send bread in the winter! Jesus feeds us what we really need. He satisfies us with eternal life and fellowship and redemption and salvation! 
So that is my challenge to you: Ask God to have full control over those earthly appetites - whatever they may be- and to fill you with the Living Bread! Be desperate for Jesus. Be hateful to the fleshly desire. Long for His bread. Don't shy away from the winter season. 

He is faithful and will satisfy anyone who is actually hungry for Jesus.
~Pastor Curtis


No comments:

Post a Comment