Saturday, February 22, 2014

Post-Valentines Reflections

When I woke up the morning of Valentines Day last week, I hardly even knew that it was here- I had forgotten what day it was. To me, it was Friday. I kid you not. The day really does not mean all that much to me anymore.
Eventually I did remember, because of some friends who clued me in.
Then it flew by.
 The whole day slipped by while I worked at the store. I was completely content in Christ. It was a good day because Jesus was in it. Saturday was just as good... Jesus was in that day too!
Such is the blessing when God covers us like snow. It seems a bit cold, but that cold serves a purpose, in keeping the dust from flying up. Our flesh is made of dust.

 If you have followed my past couple of posts, you'll recall that God has been "winterizing" some of my personal wants and desires (things I used to call "needs"). This means I have learned to be content without dates and without female companionship. Over the past 5 years, I have not dated even one woman since my divorce in 2009. But I somehow, miraculously do not care anymore. I cannot explain it except to say that I truly let God have that want and if He chose, I was willing to let it die. Instead of killing it, he sent it into dormancy, like hibernation. This has caused me to be uninterested in dating in the last 8 weeks. I don't think many people understand. But that's ok. I am much happier this way. Because of this change from the Lord in my heart, I have no worries or concerns about the future.

God has been working on my character, and carefully sculpting it, smoothing out all my imperfections. It was painful at times, but looking back, I can see now why He has kept me all to Himself. I am just for His glory, to reflect Him. I was never really meant for a woman. I was meant for serving and loving God.

Now as I march forth into March soon, I look forward to overseeing things at the church while Pastors Steve and Tracy are away on their upcoming mission trip to Germany. This is what it's all about. Doing the work of the ministry.

Their call is to do these short term missions while pastoring our church in Newmarket.

My call is to watch the church while they are answering their call and to pastor at that church as they do. 

I have messages I believe God wants me to preach in the time they are away. Things He has shown me by His Spirit out of the Word.

So why did I choose to mention valentines day more than a week after the fact? I guess I just take a long time to process everything I am experiencing before I can truly put it into words that will be adequate.

I have never felt so alive and refreshed as I do now. There is more to come, and Newmarket is going to see and know the power and glory and love of the Lord Jesus Christ! Not even my own flesh will stop me from being a willing vessel in His hands. And I cannot take credit for that. It is all His work in me.

Blessings!
~Pastor Curtis




No comments:

Post a Comment