Sunday, April 3, 2016

Your Ancient Identity

Only the Creator, God, can tell you who you are and what your identity is. Humans came from Him! All created things, the earth and stars, and matter itself, came from Him.

God knew you and loved you and planned for you long before you existed.

Jeremiah 1:5 GENEVA
Before I formed thee in the womb, I knew thee, and before thou camest out of the womb, I sanctified thee, and ordained thee to be a Prophet unto the nations. 
Psalm 139:13 ESV
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
Psalm 139:13 GENEVA
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb.
He will give all overcomers a new name! Your earthly identity is from Him. But so is your heavenly identity!
Revelation 2:17 GENEVA
Let him that hath an ear, hear what the spirit saith unto the Churches. To him that overcometh, will I give to eat of the Manna that is hid, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth, saving he that receiveth it.
Revelation 2:17 ESV
He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.’
You might try to manufacture or manipulate your own identity, apart from God and Christ. And yet, despite all our attempts to find out who we are APART from Christ, we always seem to fall short.
                                                      

Apart from Christ, we are never truly satisfied. We never really know "for sure" who we are. That is why some worldly-minded people go through a mid-life crisis and have a flip-flop. They attempt to answer the question of "who am I" without first asking the question "Who is GOD?" Once we know who God is through reading the holy Bible, we can begin to rediscover our ancient identity in HIM.
The reality is that we will never be complete apart from Jesus and His identity. It is IN HIM that humans find their true identity. Once you know who He is, you can learn and rediscover who YOU are in Him. Identity leads to purpose. Purpose gives us hope.
God bless you!
April 3, 2016 4:31pm EST

No comments:

Post a Comment