Thursday, June 26, 2014

Find Your Alone Time

John 6:15
When Jesus therefore perceived that they would come and take him by force, to make him a king, he departed again into a mountain himself alone.

---
What did Jesus do often? In between serving others and preaching and healing, He spent lots of time alone with the Father. This was key to His success. And it is key to ours as His disciples.

I really want to challenge each of us to spend some time alone with the Father. I have been doing that periodically for a month now. Concentrated intentional time alone with Jesus. I put facebook away. I leave the cellphone and digital tablet at home. I go for a walk and pray. It has been perfectly refreshing and restoring to me... And when I return, I see things a little clearer. 

Yesterday evening, I spent 3 hours with the Lord, praying, speaking in the Spirit, and making photos and videos. It was awesome. Below are some of the pictures. When I create, I sense the Lord is with me, and I have come to realize that my arts are a form of worship to Him. Photographs, videos, poems, blogs, and music writing are things that He moves me to do. And it brings me closer to Him in Spirit and in Truth.


I asked the Lord to bring this little muskrat to me yesterday and He did! I was able to photograph it.

Like myself, this Canada Goose was spending time alone. The difference is, we as people who believe in Jesus have the LORD. (June 25/14) (c) CJA

The more patience you have, the more you see, like this frog. Praise the Lord God who created all things in heaven and earth! (c) CJA

Find your own alone time with the Lord. Find something to do with Him. Spend time with Jesus in the Spirit. 

Everyone who spends time online needs to put the social media on hold and sacrifice some of that time to Jesus and The Word. Go ahead, be bold. Leave the phone at home. Leave the computers alone. Go for a walk or go in your prayer chamber. Pray and worship. Spend a few hours. Sing to Him. Talk to Him. Create something for Him. Listen to Him. Your unique and dynamic relationship to Jesus is VITAL to your life! This goes far beyond religion.

I see things that deeply sadden me and break my heart both in the world and also online. Even some events in church are saddening. 
But for me, I will regroup in Him in my alone times. God forbid I be exalted by human means. Jesus did not want a human, limited, politically-plagued crown. He already had an inheritance from the Father and a Heavenly incorruptible crown waiting for Him. To settle for the human crown would be to completely abort the plan of salvation and take on a life of human politics! So glad Jesus stayed focused in the Spirit. 

In order to obtain His crown of glory, He had to first endure the crown of thorns, which led to the cross. So Jesus left these folks in the passage above because they wanted to "skip a step" and give him earthly honour and a human crown with no suffering. Jesus knew that was not the Father's will and escaped to be alone. 

Matthew 14:23
And when he had sent the multitudes away, he went up into a mountain apart to pray: and when the evening was come, he was there alone.

We all need times to escape human passions, promotions, crossfires, backbiting, and politics. Things of the flesh war against things of the Spirit.

We need time alone with the Father, through Jesus. Understand that we too must bear the thorns people jab into us, for His sake. But know that your crown is in heaven! 

James 1:12
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

Jesus received His crown, and if you love Him, He has a crown of LIFE for you! Endure those temptations by escaping from them and getting alone with the Lord.
Bless you!
Pastor Curtis

Thur. June 26, 2014 11:24 EST

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful thoughts! Thank you for sharing this important message.

    ReplyDelete