Sunday, January 5, 2014

Reevaluate

Now that it is 2014, it is time to reevaluate.
What goals do we have? Are they still in tune with what God wants in your life?

Just reexamine things and revisit everything to see if some adjustments may be needed. Pray and read the Bible.

I know I have been reexamining things for myself. And I find that what I do for the church is still very much what God wants for me. So I continue. Some of my personal goals, however, seem to have fallen by the wayside over the years and I realize they just aren't all that important in God's greater scheme. His plan is all that matters so I must continue to learn how to yield things and hopes and plans up to Jesus. It is more freeing when you have surrendered your plans to Him. When you give those plans to Him it is indeed an excercise in trust.  See, by trusting your plan with Him, He may lay it to rest and you may never see that plan again. But if He does that, it's because He has something far better and completely different in mind.
Happy new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment