Thursday, October 15, 2015

One Lonely Flower - Prospering in Fall

2 Timothy 4:2 Geneva Version
"Preach the word: be instant, in season, and out of season: improve, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."


It's currently Autumn here in  Central-southern Ontario. The trees are changing colour. The air is fresh and crisp. It's a lovely season in God's natural order of things. I love walking and praying in this type of weather.
Included in this post is a photo of a flower. I saw this little flower on the side of the street as I was walking, so I took the picture.
Single Flower growing amidst fallen leaves in Autumn. Photo (c) By Curtis J. Alexander Oct. 15 2015. Location: Newmarket, ON, Canada.



That little flower is currently in blossom, in the middle of October. In the midst of the fall season, here is one lonely flower, springing forth in splendor. I have seen other hardy flowers around town like this one too. They just won't quit til the very end. And then suddenly, halfway through the day as I am writing this, I just remembered. TODAY marks the sixth anniversary of my divorce. I was abandoned over 7 years ago, and my divorce was made official this very day, October 15th 2009.

And God has faithfully PRESERVED ME. I am like this flower. I am growing when it looks like I should not be able to. I am pushing through the dead leaves, and still looking to Heaven. I thank JESUS for this awesome privilege. Glory goes to Him.


You might be like this little flower too. Maybe you are growing at a time when everything seems wrong and nothing seems to be conducive to growth. Yet here you are, growing in Jesus. Jesus is King. He is sovereign over ALL. All nations, seasons, and elements of the universe are in His control. You are in His care.  
Everything may be falling like leaves around you. But consider this: I believe it is God's time for you to bloom and grow. Be instant in season and OUT of season. The time to grow and prosper in the Spirit is RIGHT NOW, even in the midst of the world's failings and fallings.

Prosper in the spiritual gifts and in the ministry.

Prosper in prayer and in reading and understanding the Word.

Prosper in the hope God has given you.

Prosper in fellowship with other believers in the local church.

God may bring that hope you possess to pass this very season. It is a spiritual season and God is sovereign over all seasons.
Just because everything in the world is pointing to the Fall (spiritually and naturally), that does not mean God cannot sovereignly make you GROW and BLOOM today! Live for Jesus (not yourself), submit to God, endure any persecution, flee the temptations that come, and resist the devil.
This is GOD's season for YOU to BLOOM for Jesus, in the midst of the fall!
God bless you,
~Pastor Curtis

Thu Oct 15 2015 2:28PM EST
www.churchonthego.ca
www.facebook.com/christiansinglesonthego

No comments:

Post a Comment