Monday, August 11, 2014

Defy The Negativity of Others with Gratefulness

In defiance of the negativity sometimes confronting me from people or situations, here is a list of the things I am blessed with! I challenge you to do as Paul tell us in 1 Thess. 5 and to give thanks in Christ, in every circumstance! Genuine thankfulness in Christ is very moving to God, and it can help you make a breakthrough in your Character development.



1 Thessalonians 5:15-23 Geneva Version

15 See that none recompense evil for evil unto any man: but ever follow that which is good, both toward yourselves, and toward all men.
16 Rejoice evermore.
17 Pray continually.
18 In all things, give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you.
19 Quench not the Spirit.
20 Despise not prophesying.
21 Try all things, and keep that which is good.
22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.
23 Now the very God of peace sanctify you throughout: and I pray God that your whole spirit and soul and body, may be kept blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

We see that thankfulness is possible in each situation. Even if it is a bad situation. We can still find things to be grateful for. It is God's will for us to do so!

You can make a list. Just read your Bible, look around, pray, and ask Jesus to open your eyes to all that you DO have in life. Once you have your list, thank the Lord Jesus for everything on it. He will receive your gratitude, especially in the midst of trying circumstances. Jesus loves gratitude. It moves Him.

I am grateful for so much.

- I have salvation in Christ Jesus. I believe in Him and confess He is Lord! My sins are forgiven and I am made a part of the Body!
- I am accepted and approved by God in Christ. I am before Him in Love. No threat can overcome the Overcomer. Negative people cannot remove my approval from God because I dwell in His Son, Jesus Christ.
- I have His Grace and Favour, no matter what comes against me, or makes me scratch my head in bewilderment.
- I come home to peace and quiet- I can pray and read the Bible, and relax. I have no strife at home whatsoever. This is something I will always be grateful for. Plus I have a great cat named Tess who loves me and greets me!
- I have work. I work two paying jobs for which I am so thankful for! I am actually gaining financial strength.
- I have friends and family whom I love and cherish
- I am able in Christ to teach and lead others in the Word and in worship. What an awesome privilege it is to be called "pastor". My ministry has survived personal loss and God protected me in many storms. One could say my ministry is a miracle!
- I have a great church family at Church On The GO. It is my honour to serve among. It has been nearly 14 years now.
- I am blessed with many creative abilities which I find freedom and strength in. Music, cartooning, photography, poetry to name some.
- I have known the beauty of marriage and the mystery of its union. I will always cherish the memory. Yet through tragedy, I now know the freedom of singleness and the ability and peace I am granted through this lifestyle.
- I have been granted God's love for others. Yes, this includes even those who are threatening and being negative many times. I may be quiet at times, but I harbour no fear or hatred (by His grace). I just develop love, power and a sound mind, all by God's Spirit. I could not do it without Jesus!! 
- I have been renting my wonderful apartment for a full 9 years now. Still enjoying it.
- I have relatively few bills and expenses.

My list is incomplete, and in no specific order. Some things are big, others are little. Some things are spiritual, others are natural. But all items listed are good, and God is worthy to be thanked for all of it. I will probably think of other things to be thankful for, after I post this.

So! What are you thankful for?

How will you defy the negativity coming from others?

Love them in Christ, be patient in the Holy Spirit, and count your blessings! And don't do evil to those who do evil to you. Follow always after that which is good!

Be encouraged, and be thankful! It is God's will for you in Christ!

Pastor Curtis
Aug. 11, 2014, 11:41PM EST

No comments:

Post a Comment