Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Fight for Perspective

Don't allow the little things to get to you. They are just that, "things". If you participate in something, be sure it is something that will lift you up. But, if it discourages you, then do not participate. I am still learning this as sometimes the little stuff gets to me. But not for long. I throw out anything that is not essential if it starts to drag me down. Distractions must go. After all, these are just "things."
We must fight to keep a proper perspective and have our eyes on the Lord, and on what He calls us to do! Ask the Lord to search you and place within you a pure and undistracted devotion to His presence and purpose. Because of all the things out there now, this IS indeed a fight. We must destroy any self-created distraction that dares to impinge on our walk with the Lord or attempts to harm our Joy in Him. Let Jesus lead you in the way forever!

Psalm 139:23-24 (Geneva Version)
23 Try me, O God, and know mine heart: prove me and know my thoughts,
24 And consider if there be any way of wickedness in me, and lead me in the way forever.
---
Pastor Curtis
Fri May 16, 2014, 1:54 AM EST

No comments:

Post a Comment