Monday, April 21, 2014

Dream Again

Psalm 126 (NET Version)

A song of ascents.

1 When the Lord restored the well-being of Zion,
we thought we were dreaming.
2 At that time we laughed loudly
and shouted for joy.
At that time the nations said,
“The Lord has accomplished great things for these people.”
3 The Lord did indeed accomplish great things for us.
We were happy.
4 O Lord, restore our well-being,
just as the streams in the arid south are replenished.
5 Those who shed tears as they plant
will shout for joy when they reap the harvest.
6 The one who weeps as he walks along, carrying his bag of seed,
will certainly come in with a shout of joy, carrying his sheaves of grain.


This Psalm is for me. I feel like it was written to identify with me in ways that few understand. Only the Lord knows.
Originally it was a Psalm of praise to celebrate the return of Judah to the city of Jerusalem after 70 years in captivity in Babylon. What a day of celebration! They could hardly believe it was actually happening after such a long time. 
It is ok for us to dream again, to believe the very best. If something (finance, relationship, health, etc) was not well, God can restore it to well being! He can cause your captivity to return (reverse it, and set you free.)

 I can only imagine the day when God restores well being to me relationship-wise. Things have been in ashes and dead. But God in a vision, caused a sapling to spring up in the midst of it. It is not that which is old being restored. It is something new, growing in the place of the old.

He has begun the work. But it is not complete yet. He can cause us to sow, and in time, reap new sheaves from the ashes. 
I will be like one who dreams. I dare to start dreaming now.
While I sow the seed of His Word.

When my hope and expectation is finally answered, I will be rejoicing even more, and celebrating! 
11:42am EST APR 21/14

No comments:

Post a Comment