Saturday, February 6, 2010

Welcome to my Blog!

Welcome!
Thanks for clicking on my blog, Viewfinder and welcome! Here you will likely get to hear all kinds of thoughts I have on life, everything from Jesus and Scripture, to coffee and guinea pigs. If we were together in person, I might invite you to the nearest Tim Hortons for a cup of coffee (if you're not Canadian, that's a popular coffee shop for us Canucks.)

I used to have a website years ago called "Through the viewfinder" about my photographs. It was just a hobby site that no longer runs, but I decided to bring that title back again. This time, it has more meaning to me. Yes, as a photographer I look through viewfinders to take pictures.

The Prophet Got it Right
But, spiritually, I think the prophet Habakkuk got it right. He needed to find a new and higher point of view, when his world around him was crumbling. He got it right when he said:

" I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved." (Hab.2:1 KJV)

The Lord God was the One he was waiting on, and God did answer him. In verse 2 God tells Habakkuk to write the vision and make it plain (obvious) for others to read. What God shows me, I believe I am to write it also.

Canada's Tower Of Vision
And speaking of towers: Here in Canada, in the 1920's John Pearson designed the Peace Tower that now stands as a part of Ottawa's Center Block on Parliament Hill. This monument is a Canadian Icon, and is featured on the backs of our fifty and twenty dollar bills. It reaches a height of 92.2 m (302 feet and 6 inches). On three sides of the outside of this tower, are three verses right out of the Holy Bible. They are visible from the ground in raised stone lettering as you walk up to the tower. I was there to take pictures and research it in August of last year.

Two verses are from Psalm 72:1 and Psalm 72:8. The third face has a Bible verse from Proverbs 29:18:

"WHERE THERE IS NO VISION, THE PEOPLE PERISH"

This verse, plus the other two are held high above the ground. These verses exalt the Lord God, of the Christian Bible. The Prime Minister and all his cabinet, the opposition and their cabinet, and all the other parties form under this scripture.

Ours is a tower that declares vision, just like Habakkuk's verse! Let's pray that Jesus can be the Lord of this nation once again. Jesus has helped me find His view of things, by showing me His word. I hope to share some of it with you!


More to come...

~Curtis J. Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment