Friday, February 6, 2015

Are you Stumped?

Ever felt cut down? Ever felt hopeless about certain aspects of your life? I have. The Lord says it is time to regrow. I sense it is time for that which suffered loss to sprout forth afresh! It may have been a stump in your life for a long time. But water is coming and God is going to awaken that stump. It will spring forth from within you! Be encouraged!
I just came across the following passage:
Job 14:7-9 Geneva Version
7For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will yet sprout, and the branches thereof will not cease.

8Though the root of it wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof be dead in the ground,

9Yet by the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughes like a plant.

Job spoke this during a very dark and depressing time in his life. Little did he know, God had plans to make him sprout again and bring forth with abundance!
I wrote a vision called "Hands" a while back about a burning forest and giant hands that protected me on all sides in the midst of that forest fire. At the end of that vision, God showed me a grey dead forest patch. But in the soil, at the base of the stump was a single green sapling. As a result, the Lord sparked hope in me. But there is more hope now as I come across the above passage from Job. It reminds me of my 2014 song "Little Green Tree" which I wrote and recorded in response to the vision of the sapling. God really wants to restore what was destroyed with new growth. Are you ready to do the work of tending a new plant? I believe I am. How amazing it is to see life come back to something that was dead. If you want to see God bring a sprout of hope to you, ask! Then be prepared to work with Him. Plants need care and attention. Get ready for that breakthrough: financial, relational, ministerial, health-wise, etc. I believe there is new life coming to each believer in Christ... to a specific area where they are lacking. God sees when we trust Him and obey Him through thick and  thin. And He wants to reward our diligence.
And the biggest fulfilment and example of this passage regarding the Hope of a Tree, is that Jesus gave us hope by DYING on a tree! He rose the third day! Life came back where there was only death! Not even Satan or death could stop Jesus!

So for me, it is amazing that God would speak a new passage to me this year, and remind me of that vision which I saw last year. I was not aware of Job 14's reference to the hope of a tree when I saw my vision or wrote my song. But now, a year later, here is this passage, bringing confirmation. For reasons I don't fully understand, the time to see this passage was right now.

So... Are you ready? There is hope of a tree, and there is hope for you and me! Start expecting a sprout to spring from that stump in your life. You will be "stumped" no longer! God has water for it today! Be prepared to tend that sapling, the little green tree, when it arrives! Be sure to give it good ground in your heart!

God bless!
Pastor Curtis
Fri Feb 6, 2015 10:17pm EST
PS- Below is the new and updated version of my song "Little Green Tree" with a new third verse I added this year, 2015. Be encouraged! 



No comments:

Post a Comment