Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Poem: Winter Song

WINTER SONG

Bird song sung in February snow
I'm singing too, next thing I know.

Notes vibrate through a vocal chord
bounce off the tongue- my song of the Lord

The emotions of soul seem a bit off
But it stops me not from climbing His loft

I need not my emotions to approve
Christ Jesus makes my spirit move

Heedless my spirit is, though soul did long,
For I chirp now, as that bird in winter song

I worship Jesus in spirit, truth and might
a spearhead attack that puts demons to flight

Submit to God, and resist the devil
sing to Christ and take your walk a higher level

Winter to flesh and desire,
Yet my spirit is in Him, a fire

Flurries of snow, cold and long
are not enough to stop my winter song.

-------
Poem by Curtis J. Alexander, (c) Feb 25 2014



The above poem describes my morning today, and also this season I am walking through. God is so faithful and good!
Blessings!
~Pastor Curtis

No comments:

Post a Comment