Thursday, December 29, 2022

I won't retire from being an Ambassador!

I have been in the retail industry for 27 years as of this month! And God has used me in the retail marketplace. I have seen the Lord move over and over again. Christians need to remain in the world's marketplace system to keep shining the light.



Recently someone asked if I would retire from retail work soon. The more I thought about it, the more I realized something: I will never retire from being an ambassador for Christ (as long as I live on the earth)! I am actually representing the King in all I do and in every place I go. I am an Ambassador for King Jesus and I was appointed in His Kingdom. That is true of every believer in Jesus.
 So we think of earthly jobs as ones we retire from. But you and I, as believers, should NEVER retire from representing Jesus. That's my life mission, interwoven in the midst of every other vocation or occupation I have (I am a bivocational pastor who also works in retail management).
Ambassadors of a country always represent the will of their king or queen when visiting other countries. We are on the earth representing the will of the King Jesus, and the agenda of His Country and His government- the Kingdom of Heaven. We are His diplomatic representatives on earth. It is a life-time appointment to every person who believes in Christ.  

2 Corinthians 5:20-21
New King James Version

20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

We will never retire from this! That means, as long as we live on earth, we should see it as our mission to represent Jesus the King and to share His Gospel of the Kingdom.
It is a lifetime privilege and honour to tell others about the Gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven!

Matthew 4:17 NKJV
17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

Matthew 4:23-24 NKJV
23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all kinds of sickness and all kinds of disease among the people. 
24 Then His fame went throughout all Syria; and they brought to Him all sick people who were afflicted with various diseases and torments, and those who were demon-possessed, epileptics, and paralytics; and He healed them.

This was Jesus' main message, and it should be ours as well! He tells us to preach the gospel of the Kingdom to everyone, everywhere!

Mark 16:15 NKJV
15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

 It is our lifetime message while on earth, no matter what other profession we may have or what other occupation we may be doing. The Gospel of the KINGDOM (God's Country) is meant to be our theme as Believers and Ambassadors! 

Blessings
Pastor Curtis
Thu Dec 29th 2022 10:38pm Eastern Time.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment