Sunday, May 21, 2017

NOT IN VAIN - Happy Steadfast Day!

TODAY is the day I am choosing to CELEBRATE the LORD'S STEADFASTNESS and how He has been teaching me to be the same!
 
 
 
My labour (church ministry, retail management, etc) is not in vain. Period. Should someone attempt to suggest otherwise, I will point them to 1 Cor. 15:57-58. Jesus is faithful.
 
May is an important month for me. It was the month I began serving as a ministry leader in the church, 16 years ago. Back then I was a youth director teaching children and youths about prayer and the Word. I was just a young man.
 
Years have passed and I am now our church's Assistant Pastor. I've seen a generation of children grow into adults in God, and I helped to contribute to their development. What a special privilege and honour that has been... and still is! There just isn't anything better than this for me... raising spiritual children.
  God's faithfulness has shone through my wonderful church, Church On The GO. I continue with youth ministry, but over the years I have expanded my portfolio of ministry: I teach the Word to adults, lead in worship, run a ministry to Christian singles, and do other tasks as needed for the church.
It is a month that has much reason to celebrate. But for me, this day also has the potential to remind one of disappointments and loss. But I choose to remember and CELEBRATE the GOOD of the LORD over the unfaithfulness of people. I aggressively and assertively declare the GOOD of the LORD which HAS PREVAILED in my life, and continues to prevail! He has given me victory, and I choose to walk in that victory every day. Trials have come, and still do come. I sometimes fail and have to repent.
But the understanding that I already have victory over those trials has shaped my attitude as a whole. The Lord always brings me through each trial. He hasn't failed me. He is FAITHFUL. 
1 Corinthians 15:57-58 1599 Geneva Bible (GNV)
57 But thanks be unto God, which hath given us victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
58 Therefore my beloved brethren, be ye STEADFAST, UNMOVEABLE, abundant always in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labor is NOT IN VAIN in the Lord.
------
By the way, that Greek word for "vain" is defined by the blueletterbible as "emtpy, devoid of truth, fruitless" and it is also defined as "without SPIRITUAL WEALTH." Well that is what we have been studying in church.... God's wealth is 3-D! Our lead pastor got a revelation of the Word from the Holy Spirit on this concept of wealth being triune or 3-D. It is: the spiritual wealth of God, character wealth of the soul, and natural/bodily wealth such as money and health.

The Lord has made me immoveable. I depend fully on Him and not on my own strength or ability. Thank you Jesus for this day. This is a good day.... it's God's day.
 
Here is a list of things I choose to CELEBRATE about the LORD'S STEADFASTNESS in ME!
 
1. The Lord gave me a church ministry in May 2001... 16 years ago. He has expanded it since then.
2. Nearly 22 years work experience in retail.
3. My recovery from being abandoned, and recovery from divorce. (Married May 21 2005, Divorced Oct 15 2009) I am HEALED. I have FORGIVEN. I have MOVED ON in Christ. (In fact, today, it took me more than HALF A DAY to even realize that this was my former wedding date.
4. My SINGLES ministry is ONLY POSSIBLE due to the loss in my life... the compassion and the insight and experience the Lord allowed me to have is invaluable when ministering to other singles, divorced people and widowers.
Happy Steadfast Day.


-CJA
Sun May 21 2017 1:39pm EST

No comments:

Post a Comment