Monday, March 10, 2014

Green In Grey

This poem I just wrote has been birthed from a vision I received and wrote down a month ago about God protecting me in the midst of a forest fire. (He has done that by the way, symbolically.) The part about the green sapling at the end is what this poem is about. I wrote it mostly for my own soul. But you can read and be encouraged too. 
Bless you, 
Curtis
______________


"Green In Grey"

----------------
Little green tree,
Come out to play

Little bending twig
Dance and display

Little strong branch
It's time to sprout

Give God Glory,
Tenderly reach out

Little growing leaf,
You're a copy of the Seed

You will be strong
All expectations you'll exceed

You miracle of Christ
Growing amongst the remains

The only patch of forest
That has yet to be regained

Greyness be defeated
Patch you come alive

Like the green forest around you
Give birth, come back, and thrive

Little green sapling
In a grey zone

I know a bird will love you
And will choose your perch alone.
----
Poem by Curtis J. Alexander (c) March 10, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment